Farm & Food Care Ontario elected its 2017-2018 Board of Directors at its annual meeting in Burlington on April 12.
Newly elected directors include:
- • Janelle Caldwell, Egg Farmers of Ontario – Livestock Category
- • Chris Cossitt, Ontario Pork – Livestock Category
Directors re-elected to two-year terms were:
- • Les Nichols, Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association – At Large Category
- • Christine Schoonderwoerd, Wallenstein Feed & Supply Ltd. – At Large Category
Two returning directors were acclaimed:
- • Brian Gilroy, Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association – Crop Category
- • Jim Gowland, Ontario Bean Growers – Crop Category
Other members of the Board of Directors include:
- • Bruce Christie, Nutreco Canada
- • Sandi Brock, Ontario Sheep Marketing Agency
- • Heather Copland, Grober Nutrition Inc.
- • Joe Hickson, Ontario Seed Growers’ Association
- • Dave McEachren, Grain Farmers of Ontario
- • John Maaskant, Chicken Farmers of Ontario
Retiring directors Gerald Rollins, Beef Farmers of Ontario, and Peter Van Sleeuwen, Dairy Farmers of Ontario, were recognized for their years of service. The Board of Directors will choose its executive at its initial meeting on April 21, 2017.
Farm & Food Care Ontario brings together tens of thousands of farmers and related businesses with a mandate to provide credible information on food and farming in Ontario.
Source: Farm Food Care